Do you know what the unemployment benefit is ? For those who are unemployed, this benefit can be a financial relief, until you get a job.
This subsidy is a type of economic benefit that unemployed people can access, as long as they meet certain conditions. Do you want to know if you apply to obtain it? What are you waiting for! Keep reading.
We will immediately detail the most important aspects of this labor issue.
What is the unemployment benefit?
The ubsidio s for s unemployed is an economic assistance is granted by the State. This benefit is aimed at those who do not receive any type of income. This means that if you are involuntarily unemployed and do not receive your own income that exceeds 75% of the minimum interprofessional salary, you may qualify to receive this type of assistance.
It should be noted that to receive it you need to meet a series of conditions. We will highlight some of them below:
- You must have a family burden that depends on you, such as a spouse or children who are under 26 years of age.
- You must apply for it at the State Employment Public Service office.
- You have to be registered as a job seeker, in the Public Employment Service.
- You must have made periodic payments to the compensation fund. These payments may have been on a continuous or discontinuous basis, and the amount of time will depend on the mode of your work. That is, for dependent employees 1 year, and for self-employed workers, at least two years of subscription.
How much can I collect in unemployment benefit?
In general, people who receive the unemployment benefit receive the amount of 430.27 us dollars monthly. This figure would be 80% of the multiple effects public income indicator.
Likewise, this assistance is regulated by the general law of social security.
Types of unemployment benefits
Subsidies for the unemployed can be of various types, depending on the personal circumstances of the person requesting them. This means that the type of subsidy you can access will depend on your current circumstances. We will mention some of them below.
- Subsidy for job loss: It is granted to those who lose their job and still do not have 360 days of contributions, to apply for the contributory unemployment benefit. If you as an applicant have family responsibilities, with only 3 months of contributions, you can request this allowance for the unemployed . On the other hand, if you do not have a family burden, your accumulated contributions cannot be less than 6 months.
- Family assistance: Aimed at those who have a family burden, do not receive income, have exhausted their contributory unemployment benefit and are unemployed. If you apply for this subsidy, you can collect from 18 to 30 months, depending on the situation.
- Subsidy for age over 45: Those who have exhausted their contributory unemployment benefit, are 45 years of age or older, do not generate income and do not have a family burden, may receive this assistance that can last up to 6 months.
- Subsidy for ages between 52 and 54: This subsidy is granted prior to retiring a person who has reached 52 years of age. Also, you must meet the contribution requirements to retire. The beneficiary of the aid will receive 430.27 us dollars per month and contributes for retirement, unlike the other subsidies.
- Allowance for returned emigrants: It is aimed at those who worked in countries that do not have bilateral unemployment agreements with the nation. Also, if they worked in countries that do not belong to the European economic community.
- Allowance for ex-convicts: It is a special assistance for people who have been released from prison and served a sentence greater than 6 months. Furthermore, this individual should not be entitled to contributory unemployment benefit. The subsidy lasts from 6 to 18 months.
- Subsidy for partial disability or for the improvement of a serious disability: People who have no income; and who are in a process of improvement due to a permanent disability, receive the help. It lasts for 6 months, which can be extended for two equal periods.
- Agricultural income subsidy: This unemployment subsidy is an aid that is directed especially to workers who work occasionally in the agricultural field. People must be resident in the autonomous communities of Andalusia and Extremadura.
- Other extraordinary aid: These are specific assistance that the autonomous communities have. In addition, specific projects such as the active insertion income (RAI) or the extraordinary unemployment benefit.
Unemployment benefits are a benefit that can serve as a lifesaver while you get a new job. However, keep in mind that they are only temporary aids.