Are you thinking of reforming a house or an apartment and want to know how much it costs? So, you came to the right place.
In United States, it is common for floors to be built for many years. Some can even exceed 30 years old. And although this feature adds a lot of character to the houses, it also adds various breakdowns that must be repaired.
If this is your case, it is time to reform your house. Regardless of the reasons that drive you to do a renovation, renovating a home is an expense that can catch you off guard.
For this reason, in order that the expenses do not take you by surprise, we have decided to estimate how much it costs to reform a house or an apartment. In this way, you can plan a budget depending on the changes, or request financing to cover the project.
How much could it cost to reform a house or an apartment?
Many people, before starting a reform of this magnitude, wonder how much money do I need to cover the remodeling? Estimating the prices of a reform depends on many factors. For example: the province where the property is located.
But do not worry! The differences are usually not that great. The first thing you should do before calculating the costs is to define what it means to reform an apartment. In this regard there are many decisions that you must make.
In general, you have to define if you want the renovation to be comprehensive or a specific area. Depending on the size you will have to investigate the necessary permits.
Also, keep in mind that an evaluation of the whole house or the area you want to change is very necessary. This is because you may want a simple exterior change. But internally, many things need to be improved, such as the wiring.
Reforming a house of approximately 100 m 2 can have a price between 23,000 to 65,000 us dollars. This cost includes materials, labor. Of course, the price is only referential. Therefore, the reform of your house will surely vary.
An example of a budget to reform a flat today would be the following:
- € 300 for the protection for the furniture you want to keep.
- Around € 1,200 for the building license.
- An approximate € 3,000 for the demolition.
- € 5000 all the coating.
- € 8000 The work of masonry works.
- € 10,000 Carpentry work.
- € 5000 Electricity work.
There are many more expenses, but these will depend on the square meters you want to transform and the changes you want to make when renovating a house. Additionally, remember that the prices expressed here are so that you have an idea and can guide you.
In this way, you will be able to know if you have the money necessary to carry a project of this size. Or on the contrary, you need to apply for an online loan to reform your house.
What should my budget include?
As you may have realized, there are three variables within the budget that affect the process of renovating an apartment . These are essential expenses when planning a transformation. Here we will explain it to you in more detail.
- Construction-related expenses: This item includes all the materials necessary to carry out the renovation. In general, the amount of them will depend mainly on what you want to do. You can have a great variety to choose from, clearly the best quality ones usually cost a little more. But they also last twice as long as other low-cost ones. However, at this stage the best thing you can do is seek the advice of construction experts.
- Labor costs: A project of this magnitude must be in the hands of a specialist. When you start the process of renovating a house, you will always need an architect, contractor or builder by your side. This professional will take care of the entire process, including making a budget adjusted to your needs.
- Taxes and licenses: Before you start demolishing and building one of the main things you are going to need is to buy a license. Usually depending on the square footage it will cost. It also takes into account that paying the construction and works tax varies depending on the municipality.
Remember that these estimates are referential. Each project can include more variables and can increase costs. For this reason, it is best to leave your project in the hands of an expert.
Things to keep in mind when reforming
One of the biggest concerns you usually have when wanting to reform a house is money. As you will understand, a project of this magnitude can take you months of savings and planning.
However, if you need to start with the renovation, but you do not have the necessary liquidity to pay for the project. You have the option of requesting a loan online.
Currently, there are many companies that offer loans without the need for cumbersome paperwork or paperwork. The best thing is that you can make the request 100% online, and in a few minutes get a response.
What are you waiting for? Learn how to finance a project and start renovating your home. In no time you will have the house of your dreams.