Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts announces new innovative and affordable products for 2022
BOSTON, November 2, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Massachusetts Blue Cross Blue Shield (Blue Cross) unveils a suite of new offerings that provide access to affordable, high-quality healthcare with an enhanced member experience.
âEach of our clients and Employer members has been affected differently by the uncertainty of the past two years,â said Blue Cross Vice President of Product, Deanne Wherry. âBy adding flexibility to our medical and pharmaceutical benefits, we are helping employers customize solutions for their unique populations and remove financial barriers for their employees to ensure they have access to high quality health care. and affordable. ”
The range of new offers includes:
- BlueFit Health Plan: This one-of-a-kind plan delivers comprehensive benefits at an affordable price with a unique digital experience that seamlessly guides members through the healthcare system while providing rewards and savings that accumulate over time. time.
- Extended virtual care: With the pandemic accelerating the use of virtual care by members, Blue Cross has modernized and extended telehealth coverage. Members can now access networked providers that offer telehealth for all covered services. Besides, Connection well, Blue Cross’s dedicated telehealth platform, provides access to emergency care and mental health services.
- Valuable care offers: In order to improve access and encourage members to seek care for certain acute and chronic illnesses, employers now have the option of eliminating salary costs for a specified number of office visits (including telehealth) . The categories of benefits available include mental health, acupuncture, chiropractic care, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and sickness visits with a primary care provider.
- Reimbursement for improved fitness: To help members stay fit in the comfort of their own homes, Blue Cross has expanded its fitness reimbursement program to include home fitness equipment, in addition to extending last year’s coverage to include virtual fitness expenses.
- Mind & Body Program: To encourage activities that can improve physical and mental well-being, individuals and families will now be able to receive up to $ 300 per calendar year for hypnosis, massage therapy, meditation (including digital applications), tai chi and Qi gong.
- Drugs without co-payment: Last year, to improve affordability and medication adherence, employers could make certain medications available to their employees for a co-payment of $ 0, including those for high blood pressure and heart disease, high cholesterol, depression, respiratory disease and diabetes. In 2022, Blue Cross is expanding the list of eligible drugs to include diabetes test strips, as well as drugs for smoking cessation and treatment of substance use disorders.
- 90 Day Prescription Drug Refills at Retail Pharmacies: Members can obtain 90-day supplies of maintenance medication at retail pharmacies, eliminating a monthly trip to the pharmacy.
- Quality cancer care program (QCCP): Administered by Blue Cross provider partner, AIM Specialty Health, this program provides AIM board-certified oncologists and oncology-trained nurses from AIM to discuss covered and evidence-based treatment options with member clinicians, ensuring members get the most appropriate and effective cancer treatment available. QCCP has started July 1, 2021.
- Add to Fidelity Health Savings Account: Employers can now combine a Fidelity Health Savings Account (HSA) with a Blue Cross high deductible health plan. Fidelity HSA has become available October 1, 2021.
- Convenient access to expert medical advice: Blue Cross’s portfolio of emerging solutions expands with the addition of an expert medical opinion program, offered by Blue Cross supplier partner 2nd MD. Eligible members can speak virtually with expert specialists to ensure they are receiving the most appropriate care.
- Integrated biometric screening services: At September 1st, 2021, Blue Cross began offering employers on-site and remote biometric screening services through its supplier partner Wellness Concepts. The program can be integrated with Blue Cross employer digital wellness rewards programs.
All offers are available January 1, 2022, unless otherwise specified. The availability and cost of the program will vary depending on several factors, including the size of the employer, funding arrangements, and plan design.
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Massachusetts Blue Cross Blue Shield (crossbleue.org) is a not-for-profit, community-driven health care plan headquartered in Boston. We are committed to relentlessly pursuing quality, affordable and equitable healthcare with an unparalleled consumer experience. In keeping with our promise to always put our members first, we are ranked among the best health plans in the country for member satisfaction and quality. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and LinkedIn.
SOURCE Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts