Community conversation + Free movie nights + Sale of community labels
Hello, Glastonbury! We update you all to start this Wednesday, September 8 on an informed note. Here’s everything you need to know about Glastonbury today.
Are you a local business owner or shopkeeper in Glastonbury? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rain overnight. High: 81 Low: 66.
Here are the best stories in Glastonbury today:
- Glastonbury’s community conversation on racial justice is scheduled for September 23 (Journal Inquirer)
Events and programs for residents of Glastonbury. Information via the City of Glastonbury website
FREE Movie Nights at Glastonbury
Bring your lawn chair or blanket and a picnic and enjoy a free movie on the lawn behind the Riverfront Community Center. Reservations are not necessary.
- Wednesday September 15, 2021: ET Presented by the Tierney family of Glastonbury, Clear River Fuel Oil and Glastonbury Parks and Recreation. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. Film starts at 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday September 21, 2021: Despicable Me Presented by the Tierney family of Glastonbury, Gbury2Go and Glastonbury Parks and Recreation. Doors open at 5.45 p.m. Film starts at 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday September 29, 2021: Diary of a Wimpy Child presented by the Tierney family of Glastonbury, Kaman Air Vehicles and Glastonbury Parks and Recreation. Doors open at 5.45 p.m. Film starts at 6:45 p.m.
Passport to the health fair in Glastonbury
Join us for the Passport to Health Fair at the Riverfront Community Center on Wednesday, September 22! The hours are from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. or from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The event will feature vendors, health and wellness demonstrations, presentations, raffle and fun for the whole family!
The event will also feature the ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’ educational experience which will guide you through a typical teenage bedroom. The interior of the bedroom is furnished with “Hidden in Plain Sight” drug paraphernalia. This is an interactive exhibit / program that provides adults with an overview of current trends in youth addiction, drug paraphernalia, illicit drug cover-up and alcohol. Volunteers educate community members on drug trends, paraphernalia, how to talk to youth about alcohol and drugs, and what to do if a problem is suspected.
If you are interested in becoming a supplier or sponsor, please visit us online at www.glastonbury-ct.gov/passport2health or call (860) 652-7678.
Sale of city and community labels
The Glastonbury Citywide Label Sale will take place on Saturday, September 25 (rain date: Sunday, September 26) from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. behind the Academy building in Glastonbury, Connecticut. Citywide Label Sale gives shoppers the flexibility to go to one location and spend the day visiting multiple label auctions! For sellers, this is a way to have a sales concentration at a convenient destination, especially if it is not possible to have a label sale at your home.
Residents can purchase a 10’x10 ‘space and bring your merchandise to sell at our annual event! You must provide your own tables. The cost is $ 35. Register online at https://glastonburyct.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29924
For more information or information on space availability, please call the Glastonbury Parks and Recreation Department at 860.652.7679 or email us at [email protected]
Openings of the Fall Parks and Recreation Program
Join us for some fabulous fall programs that still have openings, including:
- X-Factor Kids Training Camp
- Skyhawks MultiSport Tots 9:00 a.m.
- Cooking class for a healthy harvest
- Music together
- Fitness classes – virtual and in person
- â¦and more!
Register online by clicking here.
- Meriden blogger recommends local places to view fall foliage (Meriden Record-Journal)
- Driver crashes car at Hoffman’s Gun Center in Newington, allegedly robs store (WTNH.com)
- Wethersfield city manager shaken by controversial incidents announces his resignation (Hartford Courant)
- Hartford HealthCare director of the home flu program discusses flu season, when to get the flu shot (WTNH.com)
Today’s Glastonbury Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in Glastonbury:
- Guardian Stampede (Parade for athletes) (2:30 p.m.)
- PTO Board Meeting – Buttonball Lane Elementary School (6:30 p.m.)
- Sports Nutrition ~ Virtual Program for Teens (6.30 p.m.)
- NAMI Family Support Group (7:00 p.m.)
Glastonbury Patch Notebook
- Villari Martial Arts from Glastonbury CT: âCONGRATULATIONS TO ANTHONY on obtaining his performance certificate for AUTODISCIPLINE! He did a great job and do his best every class. We are very proud of you GOALS reach Anthony, domain … â(Facebook)
- Villari Martial Arts from Glastonbury CT: âPlease help us wish the future leader of the BLACK BELT a very HAPPY BIRTHDAYâ¦ Colton Kelsey We hope you have an AWESOME birthday.
- Glastonbury Family YMCA: âJoin us for Lift tonight at 5:30 pm. We will reserve a place for you! ” (Facebook)
- Welles-Turner Memorial Library: âWhat’s that worth? Ask Mike the Evaluator. Thursday, 9/9 @ 6pm. Writer, Auctioneer, Evaluator and Radio Show Host Mike Ivankovich will introduce you to What Determines value and will reveal what your antiques, collectibles and personal treasures … “(Facebook)
- CT River Valley Room: “Please Note: This week’s SPARC Headshot event is canceled https://conta.cc/3tktCeT” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Wednesday! I’ll catch up with you early tomorrow morning with a new update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Brian mccready
About me: I have been Patch Regional Manager for the 76 Connecticut hyperlocal sites since June 2014.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Glastonbury Daily? You can email me at [email protected]