Economic development in Montérégie: $ 13 million in support of Quali-T-Group for the construction of a new plant
The Minister of the Economy, Lucie Lecours, and the Member of Parliament for Brome-Missisquoi, Minister of Education and Minister responsible for the Status of Women, Isabelle Charest, made the announcement today with the Lieutenant of Quebec and the Leader of the Government in the House of Commons, the Honorable Pablo Rodriguez, and the Member of Parliament for Brome-Missisquoi, Lyne Bessette, representing the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages and Minister responsible for Canada Economic Development for the Regions of Quebec ( DEC), the Honorable Mélanie Joly.
This project will allow QTG to centralize the activities of its two factories, Quali-T-Tube and Quali-T-Fab, in a more modern and efficient facility. This initiative will also strengthen 43 jobs within the company and create 14 new ones.
Assistance from the Government of Quebec, totaling $ 11 million, is divided into two loans: a loan of $ 6 million is granted under the ESSOR program of the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation, including $ 1 million of dollars that can be canceled if certain conditions are met and a loan of $ 5 million is issued from Investissement Québec’s equity. For its part, CED provides a repayable contribution of $ 2 million as part of the Regional Economic Growth through Innovation program.
“The past year has not been easy, but the federal government is here to help our businesses and protect our jobs by taking advantage of innovation, new technologies and going green. By assisting Quali-T-Group, this is exactly what we are doing today. The construction of this new plant will create very good jobs for families in Bromont and the region.
The Honorable Pablo Rodriguez, Member of Parliament for Honoré-Mercier, Lieutenant of Quebec and Leader of the Government in the House of Commons
“Building a new factory with modern equipment will allow Quali-T-Group to continue its transition to the Manufacturing 4.0 standard to strengthen its competitiveness. Technological solutions are at the heart of our strategy to stimulate the productivity of Quebec businesses. Dynamic and visionary companies such as Quali-T-Group are helping to accelerate the pace of this evolution towards a more innovative and more efficient economy. “
Lucie Lecours, Minister of the Economy
“Our government will always be there for Canada’s businesses and regions to support them through difficult times and help them position themselves to fully participate in our country’s economic recovery. This is exactly what we are doing by providing our support to the Quali-T Group, which supports people and develops expertise here in Montérégie. Building on the respective strengths of our regions is essential to ensure an inclusive economic recovery and create good jobs in all of our communities.
The Honorable Mélanie Joly, Member of Parliament for Ahunstic-Cartierville, Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages and Minister responsible for CED
“Quebec’s economic vitality depends in large part on businesses and their ability to increase their productivity. For nearly 100 years now, Quali-T-Group has demonstrated a constant desire to improve its operations to ensure its growth. We see it again today with the construction of a new factory with state-of-the-art equipment. This innovative company can be proud to actively contribute to job creation and to the wealth of our region!
Isabelle Charest, Member of Parliament for Brome-Missisquoi, Minister of Education and Minister responsible for the Status of Women
“The Government of Canada encourages innovative SMEs and recognizes the need to take action based on the strengths and assets of each region.
Lyne Bessette, MNA for Brome-Missisquoi
“We are proud to be part of this important growth project which will undoubtedly contribute to the development of the Montérégie economy. Quali-T-Group is a convincing example of a proactive manufacturer choosing to make the digital and technological shift to promote its productivity. Thanks to the Productivity innovation initiative and its enriched service offering, the regional team of Investissement Québec has everything it needs to accompany and support Quali-T-Group in achieving its ambitious objectives both at home and abroad.
Guy LeBlanc, President and Chief Executive Officer, Investissement Québec
- QTG is a Montérégie manufacturing company specializing in the transformation of structural and mechanical steel tubes, support columns and finished and semi-finished steel products since 1929.
- the ESSOR program, managed by Investissement Québec on behalf of the Government of Quebec, aims to support investment projects implemented in Quebec with a view to improving competitiveness and productivity, creating jobs and stimulating sustainable development.
- Investment Quebec ‘s mission is to play an active role in the economic development of Quebec by stimulating business innovation, entrepreneurship and the growth of investments and exports in all regions of Quebec.
- CED is one of six regional development agencies under the responsibility of the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages, the Honorable Mélanie Joly.
- CED’s Regional Economic Growth through Innovation program targets entrepreneurs who take advantage of innovation to grow their businesses and improve their competitiveness, as well as regional economic stakeholders who help create an entrepreneurial environment conducive to innovation and growth for all, in all regions.